Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

A Glimps from My Ignatian Time



Yesterday, when I met my old friend, He is a pastor now, I remembered my high school years with it's Ignatian teachings. The one that I remembered was "from one sin leap to another sin" or some kind like that. The description is when we do a sin, for example a lie, we eventually will lie again to cover our previous lies, or when we cheat in examination we eventually will cheat again because we were afraid that, If we are not cheating, we will get a bad point and a failing grade, so we do it more and more. The next thing I remembered was my college years. I did almost seven deadly sins in almost every scale. The ignatian teaching was somewhat true, when you did a lie, you'll eventually lie again and if the lies was success you would be proud of your success lies. In the other words you did two kind of sins lied and pride.

According to Ignatian teaching, I did it because I was weak, so I couldn't differentiate the good and the evil influence. It's true either, because I see almost my friend did bad things but somewhat the impact of what their deeds never came to them. It's like living hell, and I almost loose my faith and eventually I did what they did and somewhat it's feel good. But now, I know that my past college years was stained by sins, a lot of it.  But It's true that the antidote for a sin is a bitter one, because we must ready to confess it, and prepared for the impact of it, but one thing you can believe me, It's not as bad as we thought once we pass the judgement, even we feel relieved.

So, Do you know what kind of sins you did today ?




No comments:

Post a Comment