Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Pandora Box

Last night, I have a little chat with my Facebook friend. He has a problem with a girl he crush on. The problem is he curious about her past relationship, what kind relationship she had with another man, was she still virgin, etc. In his country, the men still have a high hopes that their wife are still virgin until the first night. And for some reason he fell uncomfortable about this. Well, I said to him "Is it really matter to know all that ?" He said "Actually no, but I feel curious about her past." I stopped and said "Let me ask you one thing first, What will you do after you know about it ?" "well, practically I can't do nothing." He replied me. "Precisely, you only sowing a seed of a quarreling in a future, If you really married her someday."

He said, "How could that be ?" He replied me again. "Well, basically you know something that according your tradition a taboo, right ?"; "It means, It's a secret that she must shut from a stranger, so what do you think will happen if you married her and you know about it ?"; "You will make it as an excuse to bent her will, when you loose your grasp in your quarrels." "Well, I'm not like that you know, you know me right ?" "Well, basically, we are just the same, men want a domination, so, we will achieve it even using that kind way"; I continued "When you loose your cool you'll eventually spit it out even in the slightest part and It's very unpleasant to hear you know" I didn't get his respond after that, maybe he has a deep thought about it.

Few minutes later he asked me "What should I do then ?" "Well, You still want to know right ?"; "It's your right to know all about your couple when the time is correct, but for now, I think that kind of knowledge is like a pandora box." I continued "It's very tempting to open it but once you open it, what you unleash is your own ugly side." "How come ?" "Well, I have my own experience you know, but little different from yours." I replied. "Oh, okay, I can accept that for now." Well, that's the end of our little chat. The most important thing to think about for now is, each of us have our own pandora boxes, our dirty little secrets that eventually we'll entrusted it into someone we trust someday of course. Someone we love for example, but will they be able to open and accept it ? I don't have that answer for now. But we must remembered the last thing that buried down deep inside a pandora box, -Yes, a hope-

How about you ?



No comments:

Post a Comment